BIKECULT.COM - BIKE WORKS NYC -
BICYCLES - © OCTOBER 2018
Philly Bike Expo (Philadelphia)
Sorry, no photos from pre-expo Vendor Bender.
I focused on J.P. Weigle's bare frame, Joe Breeze's 1979 road bike,
Steven Maasland's Giotto Cinelli, Crust bikes, Velo Orange, a Wilier-Triestina and more.
Weigle frameset without paint shows brazing and file marks.
1979 Joe Breeze 19.5 lbs. Frame/fork:
* Reynolds 21/24-gauge DB main frame
* Columbus SL blades and stays
* Re-cut Nervex Professional lugs
* Peter Johnson-style seat post binder with stay points
* Breeze shifter mounts with internal lever stops
Steven Maasland presented the origins of Cinelli family bicycle production,
showing his restored Giotto Cinelli road bike with Campagnolo Cambio Corsa (Firenze),
with a leather helmet worn by Fausto Coppi.
Crust offered it's flavorful goods, a batch of stems and bikes.
Velo Orange displayed the disc Polyvalent and Neutrino Mini Velo.